From:
Bernard Barnes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Apr 1996 23:23:50 GMT
We are pleased to announce that a new version of the Viewer used in the
Gallery can now be downloaded from our site
'Http://www.demon.co.uk/synaptic-connections'. This new version
allows much easier exhibition installations, with a
series of Prompt Boards to assist in the creation of
new Exhibition Floors.

For those unfamiliar with the software, the Viewer
demonstrates the creation of a Virtual gallery
environment in which entire exhibitions can be
permanently installed. Because the software uses
Fractally Compressed 'Fif' files throughout, it is
possible to store enormous numbers of high quality
images in a surprisingly small space - 300 paintings
currently occupy less than 12Mb of space - and you can
wander around the gallery floor as though in a real
gallery.

The viewer and the accompanying exhibitions are now
stored as self extracting zip files, and it is very
easy to install them.

-- Bernard Barnes