From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 1996 00:58:21 -0500

> >          I'm not familiar with graduate school charges, but at the
> >          undergraduate level, 12 credits costs the same as 18,
> >          classified as a full-time student.
> >
> >          I guess internships are a better deal for BAs.

I appreciate the advantage of working at a museum for free (and I've
done it as a volunteer). What I don't quite understand is why the
school should get paid for the credits as well. The director of my NYU
program had the nerve to ask me to register and pay for my internship
credits a semester before I was going to do the internship. That was
after she suggested I look for an advisor at another, public,
university for my thesis.

I spoke to a group of interns from the Museum of Modern Art a while
back. From what I saw their internship program was as good, or better,
than a university Museum Studies program. Are there programs run by
museums that offer certification?

--
ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]  -- http://artnetweb.com