From:
Jim Czarniecki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 1996 18:22:44 -0500
In message  <[log in to unmask]> (Mathew White) Museum
discussion list writes:
> Nobody loves a good greasy diner more than me, and I plan to frequent a
> couple of the establishments listed in earlier posts.  But since the
> conference is on Cinco de Mayo,  where can we find a good strong
> Margurita?  (And lots of em)

and

In message  <[log in to unmask]> (Registrar, MIA) Museum
discussion list writes:
> Looking for the Mexican dining experience, and a marguerita....
>
> La Cucaracha - there is one in St. Paul and a newer location in the
> Minneapolis warehouse district (downtown)
>
> Also, Taco Rico, in St. Paul is supposed to be a good Mom & Pop place where
> it helps to order in Spanish.

The Twin Cities has very active Latino/a communities, the oldest and largest is
on Saint Paul's "West Side" (you have to go east or south to get to it . . . but
that's another story).

There are several very good Mexican restaurants, including Taco Rico (last I
looked, though, they did not have a liquor license), located there--most are
along Wabasha and Concord Streets (Boca Chica has a full bar). Also, during the
festival the street vendors, booths, and outdoor dining in this area is very
good.

The original La Cucaracha (which actually serves wine margueritas--not as bad as
it sounds--they only have a wine and beer license) is at Grand and Dale. That's
at the head of Grand Avenue which has 48 restaurants and 13 coffee houses on its
four mile run from Crocus Hill west to the Mississippi River.

Best, Jim Cz