Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 1996 20:17:09 -0500
This is from an article by John Perry Barlow called "Selling Wine
Without Bottles: The Economy of Mind on the Global Net"
(http://www.eff.org/pub/Publications/John_Perry_Barlow/HTML/idea_economy
_article.html)

Barlow is a co-founder of the Electronic Frontiers Foundation and
lyricist for The Greatful Dead. He's writing about the fact that the
band not only allows concert goers to tape their performances, but even
helps them to do it.

Maybe if more museums had the same philosophy we'd have legions of
Museumheads traveling the country in brightly colored caravans:

"True, I don't get any royalties on the millions of copies of my songs
which have been extracted from concerts, but I see no reason to
complain. The fact is, no one but the Grateful Dead can perform a
Grateful Dead song, so if you want the experience and not its thin
projection, you have to buy a ticket from us. In other words, our
intellectual property protection derives from our being the only
real-time source of it."

--
ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]  -- http://artnetweb.com