Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Claudia Nicholson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 May 1996 13:49:22 GMT
It has been a while (6 years) since I worked at the National Archives in
Washington, DC.  However, I can tell you that the institution does not
scrutinize the academic credentials of anyone who comes to them with a
research request.  (You should have read some of the letters we in Public
Programs DID respond to--"send me everything you have about the Revolu-
tionary War."  for instance).  Anyone can do research at the National
Archives.  Since I left, I understand that they have
put as many of their finding aids as is practicable on the internet.  If
you have access to the World Wide Web, you can look up the National
Archives home page, which will give you access to the Archives Gopher,
which should tune you in to the finding aids available on-line.

I wish some of my NARA friends were on this list--they could explain it
all much better than me.

Claudia Nicholson
Curator of Collections
South Dakota State Historical Society, Pierre

In article <[log in to unmask]>, Chris
Andersen <[log in to unmask]> says: