From:
Greg Koos <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Apr 1996 07:51:57 -0400

>Why not simply put everything on CD-ROM and burn up all that nasty paper--it
>takes up so much room, after all.  Just think--no more mylar, or acid-free
>mounting tissue, or buffered interleaving paper...
>
>No, Greg.  The whole POINT is to preserve and make accessible the original.
> It's what separates an "archive" of original materials from a "library" of
>secondary sources.
>
>--Melanie Solomon

Melanie:
The concern previously raised is that no museum has the funds to buy the
collection.  It is better to copy it than to alow the collection to be
scattered.

And yes in the best in all possible worlds the collection would be put away
and treaured. Let me know when you find that planet - I'll be the first to
book passage!

Greg
Greg