From:
Richard Chute <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 1996 13:17:01 -0800
A quick note to give credit where it's due...

This year, we are participating for the third year in a row in an
internship opportunity offered by The Getty Grant Program for museums in
Los Angeles County.  They provide funding for up to three "Multicultural
Summer Internships" paid at a rate of $3,000 each to museums offering
internship experiences.  Moreover, they ask that applicants come from
ethnic backgrounds that are generally underrepresented in the museum field.

This program is not available nationally since it is a part of The Getty's
outreach to organizations in their local area.  However, we have received
internships funds from other sources in the last two years as well.  It is
true that the funding is hard to find, and we'd love to have even more if
we could get it, but *some* money is available "out there."  Talk to your
development staff, and see if they can steer you in the direction of a
local corporation, foundation, or historical/horticultural society willing
to fund such an experience for "tomorrow's museological stars."  Who knows,
one day the president of that foundation might be able to look at an
exhibition credit panel and see the name of someone that (s)he helped to
become a famous curator!

Richard Chute ([log in to unmask])          Dir. of Corp. & Fndtn. Rel.

Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden         1500 North College Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
Phone:  (909) 625-8767, ext. 222        FAX:  (909) 626-7670