From:
Tim Bosher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 1996 10:04:48 +1100
On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, SandyM2907 wrote:

> MUSEUM AUTOMATION PLANNING
>
> The Toledo Museum of Art has formed an Information Technology Task Force,
> charged with developing an automation plan. We have developed a short
> survey as a way of obtaining information from Museums/institutions who
> have been through this sort of thing.  Your help is appreciated.
>
> Name of Museum:  Museum of Victoria____________________
> Phone Number:    See signature file at end of msg
> E Mail Address:      _____________________________
> Contact Person:      _____________________________
>
> How many staff members are involved in your technology planning?
        Steering Committee (4)
        Working Group (6)
        Working parties (ad hoc)>

> How do you acquire your technology?
>                 _____  outside corporation underwriting projects
>                 _____  individual vendor

>                _____  mail order>
 Many vendors

> Would you be willing to share name/address/ phone of  vendor/corporation?
Not relevant>

> What type of automation planning have you done?
>Production of Strategic Plan for IT tied to business and corporate plans

> Who was involved?
> Executive management & consultants

> How did you proceed?
> Basically where are we, where do want to be, how do we get there
  SWAT analysis, stakeholder review (including external)

> What is the status of your technology?
  Highly automated

YES_______________________________
(if members means staff?) __________________ >

> Do you provide on-going training for staff?
> YES
> How much does your Museum budget for technology yearly?
>         (This figure should not include staff salaries.)
> Approx. $300,000 Aus
> What is the size and annual budget of your Museum?
> Approx $12 million (Aus)
> Any additional comments or insights you may have that can help us would be
> greatly appreciated:
>
> May we contact you with further questions?
> YES
> Thanks for your help.  Please respond to one of the following E-Mail
> addresses:
>
> [log in to unmask]              or              [log in to unmask]
> Sandra Moore                                    Kathy Gee
> Systems/Network Administrator                   Photographer
> The Toledo Museum of Art                                The Toledo Museum
> of Art

Tim

  *            Tim Bosher         *      Museum of Victoria            *
  *      [log in to unmask]   *  Information Technology Services   *
  *      Phone: +61 3 9651 6751   *  Fax: +61 3 9651 6180              *
  *                URL: http://www.mov.vic.gov.au                      *