From:
Linda Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 1996 23:15:38 -0800
Dear Kathy:  The selection of an appropriate M.A. program really depends
on what career field you're interested in and how far you anticipate
advancing within that career path.  There are many different types of
positions within the museum and each has a specific set of requirements.
You should contact the American Association of Museums and request their
informational package on Careers in Museums.  At San Francisco State
University, our M.A. program in Museum Studies offers specializations in
exhibition design, museum education, museum management, collections
management/registration, as well as preparatory coursework to assist
students who want to enter conservation programs or Ph.D. programs.

Linda Ellis