From:
Leslie Johnston <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 10:52:12 -0700
Jonathan,

You are correct in saying that organizations should register their domain
names as soon as they can, especially if they have a highly recognizable
acronym within the community that they would like to use.  But, speaking for
myself (not officially for MCN), I am not particularly upset that another
organization registered "mcn.org" before we did.  They are also a
not-for-profit
community service organization, and  they have just as much of a right to be
MCN as we do.   All communities have their acronyms ... <g>  We did register
"mcn.edu," and, when we have our own dedicated server, we'll use it for our
URL.

Leslie Johnston
President, MCN
Stanford University Museum of Art