From:
Edward Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 1996 13:28:35 -0500
On Feb. 8, Sara Phinney Kelley mentioned the AASLH *History News* focused
issue on "Living History" interpretation.  She noted in particular the
role-player program of the Baltimore City Life Museums.  As there have been
several postings recently on Museum-L regarding this topic I thought that
some of you might be interested in the New England regional meeting of
ALHFAM, which will take place March 16-17 at Plimoth Plantation, Plymouth,
Massachusetts.

Topic:  Interpreting in the First-Person

Different sessions will focus on how a museum might initiate a program of
this sort; In what kinds of situations this style of interpretation is
particularly effective; how one creates a first-person persona;
alternatives to creating a new museum program (importing roleplayers);
special events using first-person interpretation; and more.  This will be a
rare opportunity to talk to an assembly of some of the leaders in the
field.

Registration is only $30.00 and two box lunches and a Thanksgiving (of
course) dinner are only $32 more.

If you are interested in receiving more information about this meeting give
me your snail mail address and I'll see that you get registration
materials.

Edward Baker
New England Regional Representative for ALHFAM

Edward Baker
Supervisor of Interpretation
Mystic Seaport Museum
Box 6000