Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
"James J. Reca" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 1996 20:58:21 -0500
First, I regret not being able to put my hands directly on the
item I want to mention, but our University Library is not strong
on guidebooks, and our City Library is closed and has only limited
weekend hours.  But maybe someone else out there will know what
I'm talking about and obtain the sourcebook.

One of the "premier" country guides (NOT Michelin, not Fromer's --
possibly Baedeker -- it is HARDBOUND, with glossy covered boards
containing a colorful scenic view on the front cover.  Anyway, in
one of the appendixes at the rear is a COMPLETE Museum Guide for
Germany -- all the Land (State) and local public museums -- both
on a map and listed with name and postal address.  It is quite
comprehensive, and should contain the desired information.

Native Americans and the American West generally are of great
interest to Germans -- maybe because of the vastness of the "wide
open spaces" and their own dreams of more national Liebensraum.
Texas and the southwest continue to be favorite vacation spots.
While in Germany several years ago, I attended 3 or 4 weekend
"Pow-Wows" (sort of like our Civil War encampments or battle
reenactments, miniature rodeo, etc.) in different parts of the
country, and was frankly amazed at their attention to detail.

Hope someone can fill in the blanks.

--Jim

On Fri, 23 Feb 1996, Joe Clay wrote:

> I keep hearing about a huge Native American Museum in Germany, supposedly in
> Stuttgart. Being the neophyte that I am, I haven't been able to find any
> information about such a museum, although I've explored the net pretty
> extensively looking for it. Does anyone out there have some helpful informatio
n?