From:
Murph the Surf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 18:42:48 +0000
These were some of the text books at NYU:

Museums in Motion, Edward P. Alexander
Museum Accounting Handbook, AAM
Rethinking the Museum, Stephen E. Weil
The New Museology, Peter Vergo, ed.
Exhibiting Cultures, Ivan Karp and Steven D. Lavine, eds.

But most of our assignments were from xeroxed articles and handbooks
from the the AAM. There wasn't a good up-to-date
Documentation/Registration text book at the time and we didn't use one
for exhibition design.

I would add:

The Media Lab, Stewart Brand
Seeing is Forgetting the Name of the Thing One Sees, Lawrence Weschler
Labyrinths, Jorge Luis Borges
Illuminations, Walter Benjamin
Learning from Las Vegas, Robert Venturi
Art and Experience in Classical Greece, J.J. Pollitt
Against Interpretation, Susan Sontag

--
ROBBIN MURPHY, creative director, artnetweb
[log in to unmask]  -- http://artnetweb.com