From:
Kristin Schumacher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 1996 01:41:44 -0500
I am a museum studies graduate student doing my thesis on the topic of using
the Internet and CD-ROM as museum accessibility tools. I will create a
handbook for museum professionals on making museum electronic information
more accessible not only for the general public, but also for people with
disabilities.

I need to do research on how museum professionals plan the process of putting
museum electronic information on the Internet, especially on World Wide Web
(WWW). The research will help me determine who the intended readers should be
and how I should write my thesis.  If interested, please spare a few moments
on the questionaire and make any other comment that may be helpful. You can
either post the response or email directly to me. Thanks in advance for your
help!

Museum:

WWW site:

What are the main reasons for putting your museum on WWW? How important is
the WWW site to the to the museum?

What aspects of the WWW site do the museum consider to be the most important?
(general museum information, self-guided tours of exhibits, background
information on current exhibits and programs, educational activities...)

Who designed and developed the WWW site? (in-staff, consultant...)

Who coordinated the process? (director, curator, educator, electronic
information professional, other museum-related professional...)

How long did the project take until the WWW site became active?

Who currently manages the WWW site?

Is the WWW site constantly being updated? If so, how often?

Are you or the museum aware of electronic information accessibility issues
for people with disabilities?

Other comments?

May I contact you for further questions?

Name:
Title:
E-mail address:

Thank you for your participation.