From:
Richard Chute <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Jan 1996 09:53:23 -0600
I've also seen Bill Gates interviewed on this general topic, and he says
that he's too busy to give the kind of attention that would be required for
major philanthopy at this time.  He say's he'll pay more attention to this
after he's done with making his mark in the corporate/computer world.

If having to wait a while is the down side, then the upside is that he says
he'll probably give away about 90% of his wealth.  Wow, that will certainly
allow him to create an amazingly large foundation--something like Getty,
Ford, or Rockefeller Foundations.  I guess we still do have "captains of
industry" in our society.

>In a message dated 96-01-17 15:58:11 EST, [log in to unmask] (Ivy
>Strickler) writes:
>
>>How interesting! I just read in US News that Bill Gates gives nothing to
>>charity-says he'll think about it when he's fifty.
>
>Figures!!
>
>- Adrienne

Richard Chute ([log in to unmask])          Dir. of Corp. & Fndtn. Rel.

Rancho Santa Ana Botanic Garden         1500 North College Ave.
Claremont, CA 91711
Phone:  (909) 625-8767, ext. 222        FAX:  (909) 626-7670