From:
Edmund Southworth <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jan 1996 10:21:32 EST
Dear colleagues

Further to my last posting on this network proposal. I have had a number of
therefore placed a longer version of the original posting on the WWW. The URL is

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Edmund_Southworth/homepage.htm

These are my personal pages done in a hurry this morning, rather than official
Museum offerings, so please forgive design and layout errors. I'd be happy to
add any suggestions for sculpture-related links. I'll add a few pictures from
the collections in due course as well.

The original VENUS proposal envisaged a phased approach, with World Wide Web
networking developing subsequent to the pilot work on broad-bands. It is clear,
however,  from the response to my posting that the demand exists for internet
networking in tandem, or even as a precursor,  to the main network.  I had been
talking to the University of Liverpool about setting up a more polished Web site
there which focusses on sculpture. We will now look at bringing our plans
forward.

Thank you for your responses to date. Let me know if you want to be on a list.
I'll continue general postings until critical mass is reached and then stop
wasting bandwidth.

Edmund Southworth
Liverpool Museum
National Museums and Galleries on Merseyside
Tel:  0151 478 4207
Fax: 0151 478 4390
0151