From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 1996 17:46:13 -0500
In a message dated 96-01-05 13:41:51 EST, [log in to unmask] (Boylan P)
writes:

>According to this morning's UK press the United States Embassy in
>London has not paid over 400 employees (including large numbers of
>locally recruited people) for weeks - something that is illegal under
>British labour (our spelling!) law

Fascinating!! I know that I had only stopped to consider the ramifications
inside and outside the beltway, but had not thought about US agencies in
other countries. In fact, it was only this morning on the radio that I heard
that the only govt. employees getting paid right now are the soldiers in
Bosnia. Thanks for the wake-up call from across the Atlantic. And please,
keep us posted.

- Adrienne