From:
Arthur Anderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 16:18:46 GMT
David M. Roberts ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
: Has anybody mentioned the Roy Rogers Museum in San Bernadino CA?
: There is an "exhibit" showing him hunting a polar bear in Alaska.
: The scene consist of a mannequin of him with a rifle crouched
: down behind a mound of snow... (or was it an igloo?) about to
: fire upon a stuffed polar bear. And watching this touching little
: scene, is a little penguin, who I guess walked the 12,000 miles
: from the Antarctic to stare.
: And yes...Trigger is there, in all his stuffed glory.

Reminds me of Wall Drug, South Dakota (I think). They feature a
taxidermic invention known as a Jackalope; part jack rabbit, part
pheasant, with antlers. They must sell hundreds; undoubtably bought by
charmed tourists and eventually tossed into countless attics. This is,
perhaps, the most famous tourist trap of the American west. One of those
forgetable moments that you never seem to forget. :)