From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Dec 1995 15:08:19 -0500

>patrick boylan's comment and apologies on "the real thing" made me
>     think of the World of Coke in atlanta, ga.  a great example of
>     shameless self promotion.  with coca-cola related ephemera and
>     advertisements from around the world, going back to the invention of
>     the drink.  the coolest part is the huge soda fountain at the end of
>     the exhibition hall (and right before you end up in the gift shop)
>     that allows you to sample different flavors from all over the world
>     (lychee nut is one to watch out for).

Living in Atlanta is a coca-cola experience. I went to Emory ten years ago.
It being funded by the Woodruffs, it was known as Coca-cola University. As
Coke owned Columbia pictures, these were the only movies shown at the student
union. In fact, the Kroger, which was on Woodruff land (sort of) and just off
campus, ONLY sold Coke products. In fact, it became a challenge to see how
far off campus you had to go to find a Pepsi. One night before graduation, we
determined it was 10 miles to the closest Pepsi product!

- Adrienne