From:
Claire Pillsbury <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Nov 1995 15:13:58 -0800
>Another "odd" museum is the Museum of Jurassic Technology, in Los Angeles,
>CA, which is the focus of an exceptionally fine book by Lawrence Weschler
>... Mr. Wilson's Cabinet of Wonder.  (BTW, IMHO, this is a terrific read and
>the perfect holiday/birthday/no-reason-at-all gift for anyone working in a
>museum or interested in museums.  Well written, with lots of fascinating,
>obscure information about the history of museums.)  Do others know of this
>place?  Has anyone on this list been there?

I have visited twice and it is a wonderful (great drama and atmosphere) and
strange (oddities abound) and familiar (reminds you of every old museum you
have ever been in) place.  I don't want to spoil anyone's visit by telling
too much more because a naiive and curious state of mind are the best
attitudes to bring to explore this amazing institution.   Lawrence
Weschler's book gives you an impression of how magic the museum is but
nothing beats wandering around the (sur)real thing. If you are visiting Los
Angelos it is well worth the visit!

Claire Pillsbury, Exhibit Developer,
email - [log in to unmask]    TEL: 408-279-7136, FAX: 408-279-7197

Tech Museum of Innovation
145 West San Carlos Street
San Jose, CA  95113-2006
USA