From:
Doug Lantry <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 1995 10:45:17 -0500
I need some info on what I'm sure is a prank.  Some time ago, There was a
brief flurry on this list about something called the "Good Times" virus.
A message appeared warning everyone not to even read a message called
"good Times" lest their hard drives spontaneously combust and all their
bytes go flying off into the ether.

Knowledgeable computer people explained that the "good times" thing was a
fake meant to scare people and cause panic.  Well, panic has caught on at
Auburn University -- the English dept. found memos in their boxes warning
about the virus.  My wife's at Auburn and is afraid to use email now.

Can someone please reiterate for me WHY "good times" is a fake and HOW it
cannot harm anything?  I'm much obliged.  I'll pass your explanation on
to Auburn and you will have helped them rest easy too.

Thanks,
Doug

Doug Lantry
University of Delaware