Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kerridwen Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Dec 1995 08:02:11 -0500
Comments:
Is there any research anyone knows of - or standards - about what is
thought to be an indicator of effectiveness (of exhibits, programs, etc.)?
What I am thinking of - is whether there is an agreed upon standard
regarding what proportion of the audience for an event/program/exhibit
that should understand the main message (messages) of the program in order
to declare it has effectively communicated its message?  I haven't found
any agreement in the literature on whether it is enough to have 30% of
visitors "get it" or whether we need 80%, for example.  Has this simply
been left to the individual museum/site/zoo/park to decide as an objective
of that program?

Any experience or opinions on this are would be appreciated.

Thank you.

--
Kerridwen Harvey
Museum and Heritage Consultant