Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Date:
Sat, 2 Dec 1995 13:34:12 -0500
At 03:05 PM 12/1/95 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi!  I, too am not a museum professional (though I work at the Institute
>for the Learning Sciences at Northwestern University designing educational
>software, some of which is used in museums and other public locations).  I
>always look at the web sites of museums of any city to which I'm
>travelling.
>Carolyn Majkowski
>Content Analyst
>Institute for the Learning Science
>Northwestern University
>1890 Maple Avenue
>Evanston, IL  60201

Carolyn,

The foundation that I work for is developing a small independent art
reference library and museum, concentrating on 19th century French
painting--concentrating on the Barbizon School and the 19th century
"realist" painters.

I am new to this list, and an Internet novice. I have begun visiting web
sites for museums and found a few of interest, but I must be very clumsy at
it since I have not found much of substance. Admittedly, my interest is in
art museums and not many museums have their collections digitized and
available--or am I mistaken.

Your museum-related "Bookmarks" on your Internet browser are, I assume, your
main asset in doing searches. I have seen several individuals who provide
their Bookmarks to those who vistit their personal or professional web
sites. I wonder if you have anything like this for your museum
searches/access which you could share with me? Please do not bother to reply
if your search-system is proprietary or otherwise not suitable for sharing
or if, for any reason, replying would involve an inordinate effort.

Mark

Curator, B.W. Schlesinger Foundation
         Corbett Road
         Montgomery, NY 12549-0142