From:
Richard Bryant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Dec 1995 12:55:52 -0700
On Sun, 3 Dec 1995, Quitty wrote:

> We live in Oregon.  Does anybody know when the Vermeer Show in the
> National Gallery end?  Also, how was the show?  How many pieces by
> Verneer?  Is it suitable for children :-)

The Vermeer show is terrific. It is apparently the largest collection of
his paintings ever put together in a single show. It runs to 11 February
1996. The show is very crowded and you must be ticketed. However, if you
go on weekdays, you are likely to be ticketed there within a few hours.
You can call 202-842-6706 for more information.

You should also see the Winslow Homer exhibit which is ticketed on
weekends, but not on weekdays, the Whistler in Japan exhibit at the
Freer, and the Indian wall and floor paintings at the Sackler.

Have fun :}

Richard W. Bryant                         Managing Director-Projects and R&D
[log in to unmask]                     La Plaza Telecommunity Foundation
Tel/fax: +1-505-758-1919                  P.O. Box 1828