From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Nov 1995 16:07:55 -0500
In a message dated 95-11-17 12:49:14 EST, [log in to unmask] (Erie Art
Museum) writes:

>I am by
>no means an expert on the Enola Gay controversy, but it is my distinct
>impression that the ultimately-mounted exhibition was not biased. It
>sidestepped the issues. And the real problem was that the
originally-proposed
>exhibition was biased, rather than dealing with the issues in a responsible
>way.

I believe that by sidestepping the issue, the exhibit WAS biased. In fact, it
was so biased that you had to be careful not to fall into the metaphoric hole
in the middle of the exhibit where the information about the destruction of
the bomb and what it did to the people of Japan was supposed to be.
Responsible yes! In this age of multiculturalism, the Smithsonian (of all
museums) is acting entirely too ethnocentric by leaving this information
out!!!

- Adrienne