From:
Clare Jewess <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 15:03:30 GMT

> Hello -
>
> I am writing a paper regarding the effects of tourism on Ayers Rock
> (Uluru) and Stonehenge.
>
> Does anyone know of any recent (past 8 years or so) journal articles
> written on these two sites.
>
> Any information would be very much appreciated!
>
> THANK YOU,
>
> Andrea Zaylor

I recently sent to ARCH-L on behalf of a collegue (appologies for any
cross-postings). Please send all comments/questions to her -

ANNOUNCEMENT

English Heritage has recently funded a detailed reassessment of the
20th century excavations at STONEHENGE. As part of this programme a series
of new radiocarbon dates were commissioned. These results and their analysis
have enabled us to determine the chronology of the Monument much more
reliably.

Details of the dating programme are available on:

http://www.eng-h.gov.uk/stoneh

This gives an outline of the main results of the programme, along with full
technical details.

Alex Bayliss
Scientific Dating Co-ordinator
English Heritage

[log in to unmask]                       23, Savile Row,
+44-171-973-3299 (tel)                  London, W1X 1AB
+44-171-973-3330 (fax)                  UNITED KINGDOM

You can find further information on the English Heritage work on Stonehenge in
the recently published book "Stonehenge in its landscape: the 20th century
excavations" by RJ Clearl, R Montague and KE Walker

Details of this book and how to obtain it can be found at

http://www.eng-h.gov.uk/EHinfo/EHpubs.html

Clare Jewess
Curator, Ancient Monuments Laboratory
English Heritage