From:
Andrea Bandelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 12:58:03 +0100
Dear Friends and collegues,
on 24-26 November ther will be the annual ECSITE general meeting in
Cardiff, UK. ECSITE is the European Collaborative for Science Industry and
Technology Exhibitions (http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/ecsite). On Friday there will
be a special session about science museums and the Internet: how can the
Internet be useful to science centers, what are the present trends in this
field, most of all what can science centers do with the Internet that can't
be done otherwise.
As you will know in Europe it is quite harder for a museum to have a
presence on the Internet: not only economical factors, but also a different
culture that sometimes can be a barrier to the new communication
technologies.
So, I ask you to contribute to this subject sending me (or on this list, as
more appropriate) your opinions and ideas. Quite probably during the
conference there will be an IRC session between European science centers -
If you think you're interested in this (consider the time difference! it
will between 11 am and 5 pm London time) just tell me and I'll se how to
manage to include also non-european museums.
Thanks for you collaboration,
Andrea Bandelli

Andrea Bandelli      [log in to unmask]

IMPULS science and technology center  | LIS - Laboratorio dell'Immaginario
Amsterdam, NL                         |       Scientifico - Trieste, I
tel.: +31-20-5708111                  | tel.: +39-40-397305
fax : +31-20-6764756                  | fax : +39-40-395423