From:
SAITO Kayo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Nov 1995 14:57:00 +0900
I know this is slightly off the main subject of this list, but maybe someone
can help me.

I am looking into the possibilities of opening a non-profit contemporary art
gallery in Tokyo.  A number of "non-profit" or "experimental" galleries have
opened in Japan in the last few years, but most have not fufilled a positive
role in the contemporary art community, as non-profits in the U.S. and
elsewhere seem to have done.  As part of a project to create a better model
for non-profit galleries in Japan, I am looking for information about the
missions, organizational structures, management, past and present problems and

issues, and role in the art community of non-profit contemporary art galleries

in other countries.

I have not been able to find very much of this information, either in books or

on the Web.  If anyone can recommend resources in print or on the Internet, I
would be grateful.

SAITO Kayo
Atelier Aza, Tokyo