From:
NEIL PARRY <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 17:47:36 -0500
    Recently my classmates and I in the Museum Management and
Curaorship Programme at Sir Sandford Fleming College  were
discussing the differences between the role of a Managerial Curator
and that of a Director. As many of us are relatively new to the
museum field we found ourselves in confusion over which of the two
would best suit a community museum environment. We found ourselves
duplicating the repsonsibilities of each and found it difficult to
identify them in terms of their individual job descriptions.

    Could anyone help clarify my novice confusion? Are the
administrative responsibilities different between the two? Which
would you prefer to hire in a community museum with a small budget?

thanks in advance!
Neil J. Parry
Sir Sandford Fleming College
Peterborough, Ontario