From:
Angela Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 13:59:06 GMT
Why not join the American equivalent of our British Association of Picture
Libraries and Agencies?. They should give you all the advice you need. For
their address etc, contact a local picture library/agency.

>The (UK) Museums Association has for many years published and updats
>regularly detailed listings of recommended charges for various
>Rights and facilities, prepared in consultation with eg. Publishers
>Association.
>
>As the MA is a MUSEUM-L user (I think) perhaps Michael Wright or someone else
>there might read this reply and post their current scales of charges?
>

>Patrick Boylan

>On Thu, 19 Oct 1995, Felicia Pickering wrote:
>
>> I am looking for fee schedules or guidance from anyone with experience
>> in setting permission fees for photos used in television/video.
>> Some of the requests we have been getting are for PBS, basic cable,
>> pay cable channels, network TV, and home video.  When would you waive fees
>> and what types of fees have you charged in the past under similar
>> situations.  As we are a public institution and fairly new to charging
>> permission fees I would appreciate any help anyone can give.

>> * Felicia Pickering    *                       *
>> * [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] *

Angela Murphy
Photography Manager
Science & Society Picture Library
Science Museum,
Exhibition Road
South Kensington
London SW7 2DD
Tel. +44 (0)171 938 9747
Fax  +44 (0)171 938 9751
e-mail [log in to unmask]
This will change shortly to: [log in to unmask]
Web site address http://www.nmsi.ac.uk/