From:
"C.N.PRIOR" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 09:40:51 +0000
I posed the question to a colleague as to why we should need specific names for
each of the first two decades of a century, who
quickly responded with the problem that will be faced by record
publishers with compilation discs such as "Hits of the Nineties",
when it comes to the best music of 2000 to 2010!  We are talking
serious matters here!

If we do need to have a name for each decade, then why not invent
ones for the years 00 to 09 and 10 to 19 such as "Onedec" and Twodec"?

To extend the debate - why are we only asking this question about
English names?  Could we not seek advice from other language users?

Less than seriously,
Chris Prior