Date:
Thu, 19 Oct 1995 05:57:29 GMT
In <v01510100aca8cd7c252a@[166.84.195.200]>, Suzanne Quigley
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
> Dear Colleagues:
>
>I am about to purchase a scanner and need a bit of advice.  I am looking at
>a Vista S8 scanner or a Umax 630 scanner.  Has anyone had any experience
>with either?   I am interested in scanning images (B/W or color) for
>inclusion in a journal (Spectra).
>
>email: [log in to unmask]

Never used either.  However we ahve used the HP CXII for a few years. Easy
and quick. Should work under any platform with appropiate drivers. HP is
usually trouble free in all their product lines. It came with scanning
software for Win 3.1.

Allan Shayer
Assistant Curator of Exhibits
Anchorage Museum of History and Art