From:
Diane Brenner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 1995 23:27:46 -0800
     We only occasionally charge research fees in our Archives, when
someone wants something above and beyond the ability of our small staff.
My problem is that we don't have someone we can hire to do those jobs
on a sporatic basis.  How does Roseburg do it?  Or do you do the work and
collect the $$.  By the time we have something big we don't WANT to do
them!
     We do, of course, charge for photo services and publication fees,
but I don't think this is the meaning of Charging for Services in this
thread.
     Our Curator of Collections charges $50/hour (after a first hour)
when he is asked for artifacts from the collection to be pulled and
arranged for photography to illustrate things like annual reports or
other publications.  We have a good working relationship with several
commercial photographers in town who come to him for this sort of help.
The fee goes into conservation or acquisitions funds.  We do not charge
an additional publication fee on these images as they are always
individual arrangements that can't be used, usually, again.
     Diane Brenner, Anchorage Museum