From:
Alastair McLean <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Oct 1995 08:40:00 GMT
Kia ora koutou,

This is an SOS from the Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa.

We are currently in the process of designing an exhibition of Geology and
Geological Processes to be housed in our new building on the waterfront here
in Wellington but we are short of a few props.
Rather than rushing out and commissioning someone to re-invent the wheel we
thought weId ask around to see if these things already exist in the real
world and, if they do, if anyone would be willing to
sell/trade/loan/donate/beam them down to us.

With this in mind, does anyone out there know the whereabouts of:

1)  A large meteorite weighing between 1 - 40 kg.

2)  A 2m diameter globe, either static or with a motor that makes it rotate.

3)  Another 2m diameter globe with a cutaway section showing the layers of
the Earth from core to crust.

4)  A fibreglass/plastic/etc model of an ammonite in its shell with its eyes
and tentacles showing.

5)  A fibreglass/plastic/etc model of an insectIs limb that can be
manipulated to show how it moves.

6)  A cutaway model or an animated graphic sequence showing the build-up of
magma and its expulsion from magma chambers in a volcanic eruption.

Help with any or all of these would be greatly appreciated.
You can mail us with ideas or suggestions at:

or

Many thanks,

Alastair McLean,
Media Researcher