From:
Maria Economou <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Sep 1995 23:53:10 +0100
Hi all!

I apologize for a very technical question, but bright ideas are
desperately needed.

I wonder if anyone on the list would have experience with the "At
Ease" software for controlling the interface of Macintosh computers.

We are preparing a set of HyperCard stacks for an interactive kiosk at an
exhibition organized by the Ashmolean Museum. We were advised to use At
Ease to secure our hard disc during the exhibition, so that visitors cannot
mess up the hard disc files whenever the computer crashes.

There seems to be a problem settining this up. We had initially put the
opening stack in the Start up Items folder of the hard disc, so that if
the computer crashes and is restarted again, the progam would be loaded
automatically. If we install At Ease however, it is the At Ease opening
screen that the visitors see first. I wonder if there is a way round this,
securing both our hard disc and having HyperCard starting automatically at
startup, the only screen that the users will see.

Please reply to me personally.

Regards,

Maria Economou

Maria Economou
Linacre College                               tel: +44.1865.724165
University of Oxford                          fax: +44.1865.271668
OXFORD OX1 3JA, UK                            [log in to unmask]