From:
Andrea Bandelli <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 1995 15:59:28 +0100
I also wouldn't worry too much about the copyright. You can put on the web
low resolution images that can be suitable for a web site, but not for
other uses. For sure you cannot print them on paper, and as Ray Vincent
said, in every art magazine you find so many images at a higher resolution.
I think that the role of the Web is to inform and communicate, and as a
broadcasting company, you must have the right to show samples of what
you're talking about without worrying about copyrights. What the user does
with that is another question. But in the same way as TV companies and
newsmagazines can reproduce fragments of everything without paying for
copyright, in the same way you can do that on the Web. And trying to put a
limit on this is like avoiding to be on TV or on newspapers because
somebody can tape or scan an image... Have you ever heard of somebody who
doesn't want to be displayed in a magazine because of this?

For other pop art artists, check
http://www.eurocube.it/revoltella/life.html
where there are some pages about "Leo Castelli: a life for Art", an
exhibition by the Town Council of Trieste for our citizen Leo Castelli.

Ciao,
Andrea Bandelli.

>Review ARTNews, Art in America and any other Antiques and Connaisseurs
>magazines and you will see that today with any scanner one can capture
>the images of all those advertised artworks for sale and do whatever they
>want with the results "in the privacy of their own PC".
>On the website where we show some of our paintings, there are a lot of
>serious contemporary artists and fine art dealers showing their works:
>Rufino Tamayo, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Jim Dine, Jean-Michel Basquiat,
>Diego Rivera, and so forth...
>
>Come and see: http://www.artcom.com/
>
>Ray Vincent.

Andrea Bandelli
Interactive Communications Management - Amsterdam, NL/Trieste, I