From:
Edward Baker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 1995 16:13:40 +0000
Greetings:

I've created a Web site for ALHFAM, which is the AAM Affiliate
organization for folks who work at living history museums (the acronym
stands for:  the Association for Living Historical Farms and
Agricultural Museums).  It's URL is:

http://www.mystic.org/~alhfam

One of the pages on the site is a list of hypertext links to living
history museums with WWW pages.  These may be the last museums in the
U.S. to get computers as I've only located about twenty - some quite
large, like my own Mystic Seaport; some very small, like the Barracks
Museum in Trenton.  At any rate, I'm looking for more, so I hope you'll
make a visit and send me your candidates.

[BTW, ALHFAM just created a new standing committee (which we call
Professional Interest Groups, or PIGs) specifically for computer
applications at living history museums.  (An oxymoron?  No, of course
not.)  Anyway, the committee just had to be called the NERDS committee.]

 ALHFAM  "An organization of people who bring history to life."

Edward

Edward Baker
Interpetation Division
Mystic Seaport Museum