From:
Sharon Koomler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 16 Nov 1995 17:25:34 CDT
Ivy Strickler <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> "why can't we light the candles in the candlesticks?" We used to
>even dress students in the historic costume collection and use them for
>fund-raising events. I think it's a big question. How are the rest of you
>handling this?

WE do lots of living history adn demonstrations in and around our
historic site.  We use quality reproductions instead of the
"originals" and people who are not experts do not know the difference.
ON that note...we do NOT try to imply that we are using originals, we
are clear about the fact they are reproductions.

Sharon Duane Koomler
Director of Education
Shaker Museum at South Union, KY
(502) 542-7734
e-mail [log in to unmask]

"The attainments of tomorrow are dependent on the efforts of today,
and are related to them as the blossom is to the bud,
and the fruit to the blossom."

                                  Eldress Catherine Allen, Mt. Lebanon