Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 1995 18:42:15 -0500
This reply is directed to Patrick Brennan re: historic sites/houses.  The
Columbus (GA) Museum manages a 15-acre, 9-mound Mississipian Culture village
site in southern Georgia.  Archaeology and regional history has been accepted
into our mission statement along with American Art, so I guess we do place
strong emphasis on that portion of our work.  Quite different from your
colonial/early American homes in Norfolk, but I believe the governance/staff
issues are similar.

It has worked well for us in defining who we are and what we mean to the
people of the Chattahoochee Valley.

Tom Butler