From:
Brian Goldfarb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Nov 1995 19:28:33 -0500
The New Museum of Contemporary Art seeks small, informal music groups
that sing/play American folk music for one or more performances at the
Museum in conjunction with _A_Labor_of_Love_, an exhibition of
handcrafted, often labor-intensive work which challenges the boundaries
between craft, folk and outsider art, and the fine arts.

We are especially interested in sea chanties, zydeco, klezmer, Acadian,
Native American, and/or gospel music.  Although there is no fee for
performers, we can provide listeners, some publicity (mailings and/or
flyers to our membership and visitors), and an opportunity to expand your
audience.

Groups should be able to perform with no setup; we donUt have microphones
or stage, so that the more informal the group the better for us.  A
cappella groups are especially welcome.

For more information, please send tape and information to contact:

Marcia Tucker
The New Museum of Contemporary Art
583 Broadway
New York, NY 10012
(212) 219-1222

or email:  [log in to unmask]

Please post this message to other relevent discussion groups.