Penny Knowles <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 6 Nov 1995 18:48:39 -0500
Rebecca:
I saw an interesting article on this subject, but I guess I didn't keep it,
and I can't remember where it appeared. Perhaps in 'Views.'  After pointing
out how few women directed large art museums (Philadelphia and Seattle being
notable exceptions), the author went on to say that because art was
considered a feminine thing, and money sought to fund museums from
foundations and corporations was vested in male CEO's, most museum Boards
felt that male directors would not only 'connect' better with funders, but
would also personify a male interest in art, which in turn would assist in
marketing art to the male population at large.
I would love to know what your student turns up because obviously this topic
is of considrable interest to me.
Penny Knowles