"Chris Bobbitt, KA4EMR/9" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 21:01:13 EWT
Miriam --
   Our museum is also soon to build an addition which will probably contain
architectural parts of previously-remodelled historic buildings
   Are you planning to use *all* of the panelling in the addition? I'd suggest
holding back one representative piece for the collection, so that e.g. tongue
and groove measurements, original patina, back side saw marks, etc. could be
studied easily by future students of architectural history, and note on the
catalogue card that the other parts were recycled into your new building as
non-accessioned items.
   Chris Bobbitt, Curator of Collections, Monroe Co. Historical Museum
   Bloomington, Indiana    [log in to unmask]