Ken Yellis <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 17:57:22 EDT
On Tue, 10 Oct 1995 11:44:57 -0500,
Deborah Baroff  <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>>I am doing research for an exhibition on halls of fame
>>At this point I'm especially interested in locating non-
>>sports halls of >fame.  Any suggestions?
>>Thanks
>>Emily Wolff
>
>Emily - There is a Cowboy Hall of Fame in Oklahoma City.
>--

There is also the Prorodeo Hall of Champions in Colorado City, also the home
of the Ice Skating Institute of America (title approximate); the
Basketball Hall of Fame is in Springfield, MA (new facility); the College
Football Hall of Fame used to be in King's Island, Ohio (near Columbus) but
I think it has a new home and I can't recall where; the Pro Football Hall of
Fame is in Canton, O.; the American Bowling Congress Hall of Fame is in
Greenvale (?), WI; baseball -- Cooperstown, NY; Ring Boxing Hall of Fame,
NYC; Tennis Hall of Fame -- Newport, RI, or at least it was; Golf House, Far
Hills, NJ; National Racing Hall of Fame -- Saratoga, NY; Swimming Hall of
Fame -- Ft. Lauderdale, FL (or was).  There is also one for billiards or
pool in Chicago, and a New England Sports Hall of Fame (?) in Boston
somewhere.

That ought to get you started.

Ken

Ken Yellis