From:
Randal Macnair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 19:28:00 +0000
----------
Emily Wolfe wrote:
>I am doing research for an exhibition on halls of fame.  At this
>point I'm espec ially interested in locating non-sports halls of
>fame.  Any suggestions?

Saturday morning on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation) there
was a piece about halls of fame.  I believe the program it was on was
"Basic Black" and all the information was taken from a recently
published book on, yes, you guessed it, halls of fame.  Much of the
focus was on non-sports halls of fame so this may be worth pursuing.
As I recall the book covered all of North America, however most of the
examples given were from the United States.
CBC in Vancouver or Toronto would have further and more complete info
but I am pretty sure it was aired Saturday, October 7.

Randal Macnair
Curator
Sidney Museum:  Marine Mammal & Historical
2440 Sidney Ave.
Sidney B.C.  V8L 1Y7
Canada
(604) 656-1322 (604) 655-4508 Fax