From:
Kersti Krug <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Sep 1995 15:25:56 -0700
Hi, Harry,

Anne-Marie Fenger at MOA did her master's thesis on museum performance
indicators.  She's off to the BCMA conference right now, so you might
want to contact her directly (fenger(at)unixg.ubc.ca) in order to rise
above the noise of 7,946 Museum-L messages awaiting her.

My own reaction to this comprehensive audit (having worked for both the
Auditor General and the National Gallery) is to insist that indicators are
not limited to economic ones.  The trouble with the accounting/auditing
mind, unfortunately, is that what it can't see it won't measure.  The
softer side of culture then is relegated to the margins.  Yet it is from
these margins that our vitality and creativity arise.  Go get em!

Kersti Krug
Museum of Anthropology
The University of British Columbia
Vancouver, Canada