From:
"McKenzie, Jamie" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 1995 11:15:00 PDT
The Bellingham Schools have decided to make virtual museums
the focus of WWW development in order to build clear connections
between curriculum and the use of the Web.

We opened our first half dozen in May and intend to open more than 18
by December.  Each will grow significantly as the students act as curators
building our collections.

We are in partnership with a great museum here in Bellingham, the Whatcom
County Museum of Natural History.

Please visit, check out the museums and the associated articles which
describe what we are doing.

Bellingham's home page is
http://www.bham.wednet.edu

The museum resources are . . .
http://www.bham.wednet.edu/bpsmuse.htm

Specific museums are:

<UL>
<LI><A HREF="http://wwwbhs1.bham.wednet.edu/carindex.htm"><I>Career Pathways
Museum</I></A>
 - These web pages From Bellingham High School contain valuable
information about career development planning.
<LI><A HREF="http://wwwshs1.bham.wednet.edu/wastate/first.htm"><I>Evergreen
State</I></A>
 - Sehome High School provides information on the state of Washington.
Sehome Museums coming soon: <I>Stock Market Sources, Seismology,
Water Quality</I>
<LI><A HREF="http://wwwald.bham.wednet.edu/museum/museum.htm"><I>Ellis
Island</I></A>
 - Alderwood Elementary is collecting electronic artifacts which
will provide the basis for exploring origin and heritage.
<LI><A HREF="http://wwwcoz.bham.wednet.edu/vmuseum.htm"><I>Northwest
Washington Water --- From Mountain to Stream to Sea</I></A> Learn from carl
Cozier Elementary School how water resources have helped to shape our
sommunity.

<LI><I>Pacific Rim</I> - Kulshan Middle School is developing resources
to assist students as they compare and contrast Pacific Rim Cultures.
<LI><A HREF="http://wwwbir.bham.wednet.edu/wws\wws.htm"><I>World
Writers</I></A>
 - Birchwood students invite students from around the world to
publish their stories.
</UL>

Jamie McKenzie
Director of Technology