From:
Tom Vaughan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Aug 1995 07:19:18 -0600
Murph the Surf said:  What I'm interested in is how a museum can be a
museum on the web (or whatever it turns into).

One possible result, a result I like very much, is the special exhibit
series hosted by the Oneida Indian Nation
        <http://nysernet.org:80/oneida/>.
They have presented two special exhibits of objects important in their
culture.  The salon photographs (thumbnail and enlarged) are accompanied by
brief texts that are, for the most part, very straightforward and
accessible, and they're written from inside the culture, conveying cultural
values in a very human sense.  I like the second one better...a little
larger font makes it easier to read, and I love the text with the cornhusk
dolls...but they both bring objects to the world on the Web.

Tom Vaughan
The Waggin' Tongue

Tom Vaughan

The Waggin' Tongue