Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Thomas Jefferson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Nov 1995 12:05:34 EST
According to Diane Brenner:

>     We have a nice little Bell and Howell unit that is a self contained
> slide carousel player - the carousel sits on top and drops into the
> machine which projects the image on a screen about the size of a standard
> computer monitor.  Both the remote and the timer are missing - We used to
> use it in exhibits that needed to have slides cycle through a series,
> particularly with no sound.  I would like to replace the timer.  I hear
> that Bell and Howell are gone.
>      Has anyone a thought as to where I could purchase this missing part?
>      Diane Brenner, Anchorage Museum

I too have a Bell and Howell "Ringmaster" projector. I have not
had a need to repair it lately, however I understand that the
16mm movie division of Bell and Howell was bought out by the
Japanese company "Eiki" (we also have three Eiki movie
projectors). You might want to try contacting Eiki about your
Ringmaster. They can be reached at:  Eiki International, Inc./
27882 Camino Capistrano/ P.O. Box 30000/Laguna Niguel, CA
92677-8000.  Phone: (714) 582-2511. FAX: (714) 364-6405. I have
not had a need to use this address or phone number for two
years ( we have replaced movies with a laser disk system), so I
do not know if it is current.

Good luck

Robin Gabriel
Director of Education
Monticello, The Home of Thomas Jefferson
P.O. Box 316
Charlottesville, VA 22902