Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Adrienne DeArmas <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 1995 14:06:01 -0400
In a message dated 95-10-10 18:24:49 EDT, [log in to unmask] writes:

>I also have a museum employment question. What other publications (besides
>AVISO) advertise museum employment opportunities. Every thing in AVISO seems
>to be for high level jobs (Director etc.)

I am not sure where you are located and if you wish to relocate, but the
Smithsonian has a huge listing of jobs. Check their web site to see if they
are posted there, if not, and you are interested, e-mail me directly for
phone #'s. Keep in mind that entry level positions are sometimes "make your
own." In other words, find a museum, make yourself indespensible and convince
them to give or create a job for you. I believe that mass mailing resumes
(when you are starting out) to museums everywhere gets your name out there -
and that's really the key. Okay, curator Barbara can't hire anyone at her
museum, but she knows that registrar Shelley needs an assistant (her previous
one just retired). In you go for an interview. Good Luck!!!

- Adrienne