Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Amy Hauser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Oct 1995 08:07:06 -0500
Sarah,

I can understand your anxiety and know that it can be difficult to break
into the museum field.  It sounds like you are on the right track so far.  It
has been my belief that pratical experience will help you more than
degrees.  Having a MA and a PHd is a tremendous benefit, but only if you
have years of experience in a variety of settings.

I would suggest that you continue to work in musuems in whatever
capacity possible while you job search.  Even volunteering your services
will help you get more experience.

Internships are a great option as well.  They offer a variety of
opportunities to meet people who can help you in your job hunt.  You can
learn a tremendous amount through an internship.  Sometimes they lead
to a job as well.

You can find an internship in the AVISO or by networking on your own.
Many museums in the Philadelphia area have good internship programs.  I
have interned at two museums myself and both times it has led to
employment.  Ask your advisors and co workers for suggestions on
where to send your vita.

Don't give up, it sounds like you have a good background and a lot of
energy.

Good luck,
Amy Hauser